Once the 4th graders completed their drawings, they cut out their images and glued them together so they looked as they might be having a dance party.
If you are not familiar with the work of Nick Cave, PLEASE look it up. He is amazing. I posted some videos at http://anniesartroom.weebly.com/1/post/2014/03/sneak-peak-preview.html
The students LOVED this project and the other grade students were jealous because they didn't also get to do it.
Students will watch videos and view images of the Soundsuits by Nick Cave. They will discuss meaning and design 2D images of their own personal Soundsuits.
The learner will be able to decipher meaning from the viewing of contemporary art by Nick Cave.
The learner will be able to implement movement, pattern, color, and texture in a 2d design inspired by the work of Nick Cave.
The learner will recognize warm and cool colors and be able to use them separately.
4.V.1.2 Apply personal choices while creating art.
4.V.1.3 Infer meaning from art.
4.V.2.3 Create abstract art that expresses ideas
4.CR.1.1 Use visual clues to interpret the content of art.
- Each student will use 3 pieces of copy paper, 1 sheet of 12” x 18” white paper and one 12” x 18” colored paper of their choice. Black Sharpies, colored pencils, and drawing pencils. Glue and scissors.
- Color-warm and cool colors
- Slide show and/or images ready to present
- Prompts prepared
- Write vocabulary words on board
- examples on display
- paper cut to size, colored pencils and sharpies available